This product is delivered by download. We have an excellent relationship with IK Multimedia and should receive the license code to complete your order within 24 hours. However, if you're ordering after 6:00PM PT weekdays or on weekends, we'll process your order the next business day.
The ultimate sound and groove workstation
Your new fast-track to world-class tracks
The new SampleTank 4 has been re-designed from the ground up to be every musician’s “go to” workstation for music creation, with a completely new rescalable interface, a massively expanded sample library and a new cutting-edge sound engine with efficient disk streaming, to deliver more powerful music creation tools than you ever imagined. What might usually take dozens of plug-ins can be accomplished right inside SampleTank 4, for lightning-fast workflow that keeps your inspiration going.
Find any type of sound fast and tailor them to your needs with the new deep, powerful editing options and a new modulation matrix. New dynamic “groove players” – an arpeggiator, strummer, and pattern and loop players – turn your sounds into songs faster than ever.
Plus a new live mode makes SampleTank 4 the perfect performance partner, with the ability to create entire set lists and easily map every parameter just how you need it. Inspiring new sounds, powerful sound design features, advanced groove creation and tour-ready stage optimization. SampleTank 4 will take you wherever you want to go.
It all starts with sound
Your “go to” virtual instrument is the one you open first; the one you trust to give you the sounds you need to get started or get the job done. SampleTank 4 now offers a massive sound library, with over 260 GB and 8,000 instrument presets carefully balanced across the widest range of styles, genres and sounds.
SampleTank 4’s new library is the product of dozens of carefully conducted recording sessions in multiple cities across Europe and the United States as well as in our new, custom-built recording facility in Modena, Italy.
What’s new in SampleTank 4 Sound Library 1.5
- New Pedal Steel Guitar instrument**
- Added All-articulation key-switch instruments for Strings***
** For SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 4 MAX users.
*** For SampleTank 4 MAX users.
This new library offers up to 200 GB of brand new content including exclusive high-quality recordings of concert piano, keyboards, guitars, bass, drums, strings, brass, synths, vocals, percussion and more; over 90,000 new samples in total, all with articulations and round-robins. Thanks to SampleTank 4’s new efficient disk-streaming engine, these sounds all load faster than ever and perform like never before.
SampleTank 4’s fully redesigned sound Browser allows you to surf among the thousands of included sounds, and filter them by timbre, style, genre, mood, and more, to narrow down the exact sound fast or inspire your creativity with unexpected options. Detailed descriptions of each sound, effects and macro provide all the information you need at a glance, letting you focus on your music. SampleTank 4 makes finding or discovering sounds so effortless you’ll find yourself reaching for it every time.
SampleTank 4 is now capable of so much more when it comes to creative sound design. Working with multiple sounds is a breeze with the new dedicated Layer interface that lets you set up layers and splitting points faster than ever. Opening the “Edit” panel of the Play window reveals the real power of SampleTank 4’s completely re-designed new sound engine, letting you dig into even the smallest detail.
Choose from 16 filters, edit envelopes, oscillators, portamento, polyphony, and more. The options are endless.
Choose from 4 sample engines, including IK’s award-winning STRETCH, to find the right algorithm for your sounds.
Edit each element of a sound, from the sustain of a violin to the kick of a drum kit, with different settings for each.
SampleTank 4’s new modulation matrix gives you complete control over the organic complexity of your sounds. Easily link modulation sources like envelopes, LFOs, oscillators, and even individual instrument element. Your creativity is the only limit to designing even the most intricate soundscapes.
Whether you’re looking to surgically craft a sound or just make an instrument sit better in your mix, SampleTank 4 gives you the controls to make it happen without opening another plug-in.
Animate your sound
SampleTank 4 turns presets into performances with 4 new “Player” sections:
the Arpeggiator, Strummer, Phraser and Loop Manager.
The Arpeggiator offers fresh ways to create patterns. Draw in up to 16-note patterns, set velocity, length, swing and more. These 4 powerful new Players make SampleTank 4 one of the most powerful groove creation workstations ever.
The Strummer lets you set chords, position, direction, and more, and then intelligently creates your accompaniment.
Use the Phraser pattern player to browse over 4,000 MIDI patterns and map them to keys fast. Adjust intensity, humanize and swing for infinite variations.
The Loop Manager boasts over 7,500 loops available between loop instruments. Pitch, grain, and time controls keeps things fresh.
Mix faster than ever
SampleTank has always made it easy to layer and mix sounds, and the new Parts interface streamlines this process even more, with visual indications of each sound loaded, and instant access to volume, pan, mute, and solo controls. Mixing is faster and more powerful, with in-interface access to all onboard effects. You can mix an entire track in one window, keeping you focused on the music and not menu-diving.
Each track in the mixer gives you access to panning, volume, mute, solo, and routing, so you never have to leave the window.
Each track also includes instant in-window access to all 5 effects slots, so you can adjust effects on the fly.
The Mix window offers 4 effects sends and master bus, all with space for 5 effects, for professional routing & mixing.
SampleTank 4 also adds console channel strips, letting you mix with the sound of legendary studio consoles from all eras.
The best effects get even better
SampleTank 4 adds 13 new effects for a grand total of 70. You’ve never heard effects like these in a virtual instrument – they’re all derived from our industry-leading AmpliTube and T-RackS software.
From unbelievably realistic tube saturation to classic analog pedal effects, professional studio processors to creative effects, you can shape your sound with the same effects heard on countless hit records and film scores.
SampleTank 4 also adds a new effects modulation matrix, giving you more ways to modulate and shape your sound than ever before. Map any parameter of the effects to the source of your choice, adjust curves and levels, and more.
SampleTank 4 also adds to its full MIDI control a new seamless integration with IK’s iRig Keys I/O controllers. You can browse and load sounds from the DATA knob, control any of the 8 macros instantly from the touch-sensitive encoders, control the transport and even trigger loops or browse drum samples, or launch live-set ups directly from the integrated pad controllers.
With SampleTank 4 and iRig Keys I/O, you have an entire production system that’s totally plug-n-play.
From the studio to the stage
A great song deserves to be performed, so SampleTank 4 makes this easier than ever to hit the stage. A unique, re-designed Live mode lets you build an entire set list and gives you the controls you need right at your fingertips for your live performances.
SampleTank 4’s Live mode lets you focus on the performance, not your software.
Each song can have its own pre-set tempo, letting you use loops & grooves without needing to adjust settings between songs. And each sound has its own volume control, so you can turn up for your solo without needing to do a thing on stage. Quickly build a set list, and assign program change messages to each sound so you can switch directly from your controller.
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
- Content structured in Instruments, Multis and MIDI Patterns
- Fully compatible with macOS and Windows
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST 2, VST 3, and Audio Units
- 16 part multitimbral
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Info view with specific information and 3D icon for each instrument
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- Live mode for instantaneous sounds loading, organized in set lists and songs
- Expandable instrument library
- Pad interface lets you launch patterns, loops or single notes seamlessly from iRig Keys I/O or any MIDI controller
- 70 studio quality effects
- Layers allow for creating splits and layers
- Edit view for in depth editing of all synth engine parameters, independently for all the elements or articulations that are included in the instrument
- Custom modulation for synth engine and effects parameters
- Advanced instrument browsing with convenient search function
- BPM syncable time-based effects, audio loop instruments and LFOs
- Four play modes including mono legato with portamento
- Zone switch allows to edit individual key-zones for the selected sound element or articulation
- Multi Articulation and Key Switch instrument control
- Easy to use assignable MIDI control to any parameter with MIDI Learn
- Compatible with all previous "Powered by SampleTank" sound modes and sounds. (Older libraries imported through the use of SampleTank 3 CS.)
- Import feature allows users to import .wav and .aiff samples
3 Synth Engines
- Amps: American Vintage, British Tube Lead 2, Cabinet, Flexi, Jazz Amp 120, Modern Tube Lead, Preamp, SVT Classic, Tone Control
- Distortion: Crusher, Distortion, Lo-Fi, Overdrive, Overscream, Phonograph, Sat-X
- Dynamics/EQ: Channel Strip, Compressor, Black 76, British Channel, Bus Comp, EQ-81, EQ Comp, EQ-PG, Limiter, Model 670, Parametric EQ, Vintage EQ-1A, White 2A
- Modulation: AM Modulation, AutoPan, Chorus, Chorus C1, Electric Flanger, FM Modulator, Ensemble, Env Flanger, Flanger, Multi Chorus, Opto Tremolo, Phaser, Rotary, Slicer, Small Phazer, Tremolo, Uni-V
- Reverb/Delay: Ambience, ConvoRoom, Digital Delay, Reverb, Reverb Delay, Inverse Reverb, Room Reverb, Spring Reverb, Stereo Imager, Tape Echo Hall Reverb, Plate Reverb
- Filter: Acoustic Resonance, Filter-C, Filter Formant, Filter-M, Filter-O, Filter Phaser, Filter-R, Env Filter, LFO Filter, Piano Lid, MultiFilter, Wah 47h
3 Play Modes
Compare Sampletank Versions download pdf.
SampleTank is a 64-bit application. Requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later. 40 GB (SampleTank 4 SE), 128 GB (SampleTank 4), 300 GB (SampleTank 4 MAX) of hard drive space.
Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7 or later. 40 GB (SampleTank 4 SE), 128 GB (SampleTank 4), 300 GB (SampleTank 4 MAX) of hard drive space.
Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.